View Single Post
Old 05-17-21, 04:11 AM   #3
Andreas86
Engineer

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
1. No, can't be fixed though I don't consider it broke.
2. Iirc, that "speed up" was meant to simulate time taken to move between stations.
3. Being surprised by planes, etc. is how it was in real life.

Agree about the atmosphere. It surpasses SH3 in every respect except graphics imo.
As for 2, if that is the case I strongly feel it is a bad game mechanic. Like getting hit in the head with a wrench every time you arrive at the bridge. Maybe the AOD Kaleun hit his head on the hatch on the way up.

I know it was like that historically, with the planes and all. The problem is they were not travelling at the speed of sound when they came upon planes and warships. Many times in campaign mode I left the boat in time compression for a snack or break (the captain has got to sleep sometime right?), and after a few minutes when I got back the boat was sunk, either by plane or warship. I wish there were more crew assistance at least when travelling like this, they could manage dive time, emergency diving and evasion, auto manning of AA guns, etc. In fact, the whole interface goes kinda sluggish when in time compression, making it hard to respond to sudden crisis. At least in my experience on various computers.

Very true about SH3, I could never get into it like AOD even though I tried many times. The 90s were a great time for sim fans.
Andreas86 is offline   Reply With Quote