View Single Post
Old 06-24-22, 12:53 AM   #4791
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
When you get that glitch then, does Saving, exiting, re-starting and loading the save help? What boat were you driving at the time, and how much TC had you been using, because it can eventually lead to that also.

CapnScurvy had TC limited to 2048 for a while, with a recommendation to not exceed 1024x, but really, it is computer and situationally dependent. If you never run into a high-traffic area nor receive any radio messages, then 8096x does seem to be fine, but encounter anything at a high TC and that can introduce graphic and audio glitches also. Cause is unknown for certain, but our suspicions are on a game bandwidth issue versus your computer.

Amazingly, I have a WinXP32 machine here with 8gig of RAM, and used some of the Windows Boot.ini changes, and the game really does run better there than in Win10, and Win7 both. Not by much, because I cannot get as big of a memory assignment in XP as opposed to Win7/10, but the XP does have fewer system "interruptions" than expecially Win10, but also Win7. Another "trick" a person can try was suggested by mazzi a while back, and that was to use SH Validator and have it set the Registry Path to point to your SH4 game install. You can also try the "manual" technique of doing that, as documented in the "AddToWindowsPath.pdf" in the Support / HowTo folder of the FotRSU mod. That seems to help Windows "find" the game after it goes off wandering about your computer's internals, gathering data on this that and the other...

I get this glitch in TMO, FOTRS, and DW.

I do not exceed 512 tc, I never shell out to windows.

Reloading a save does not work in TMO and dislike loading saved games as it always seems to foul things up.

Mouse will be fine then at some point in a patrol hear this ton/noise like a "doo duh doo" (lol) and then will have the gold cursor in SH 4 and thent he white cursor from windows, still works but a pain. Sometimes I can't click when in free cam to make the mouse go away unless, I unplug the mouse, wait, plug it back in and it works better. usually.

This just started in last month or so.
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote