View Single Post
Old 11-17-09, 04:35 PM   #1568
Ducimus
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 67
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveUK View Post
You have really changed the way the game looks and feels .
That's been my hope, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish1958 View Post
Is it possible to get the fan in the command room to run?
Also when I call battle stations, sometimes I get a series of 8 or 10 "Yes Sir" before the clangor sounds and announces "battle stations", and then the "yes sir" stop. This does not occur every time, however; and I have been unable to pin point why it does. Not important, but annoying, even though it makes me feel like an oriental demigod.
RE the fan. Yeah thats a small annoyance to me too. Will take a bit of 3d modeling to get it to work. I think that fan is attached to something still.

RE Repeating voices. That one is hard to track down. But what state is the crew in when this occurs? Normal, panicked, or silent? What causes the repeat is a lack of filler material. In the crew graph files when you issue a command, theres a animation and vocal response. The game expects X seconds for this. When it doesn't have enough animation or voice to fill X seconds (or a lack of filler altogether), it fills in this time gap with a repeat of the last instruction it recieved. In this case, "yes sir".

Quote:
Originally Posted by vickers03 View Post
@ducimus
ok here's the final radar depth voice with some variations
according to the original speech folder
http://www.filefront.com/14942785/sh...adar_depth.7z/
Thanks vickers, ill insert it into the compiled build ASAP. I appreciate the work you've done.

As a general FYI, i compiled version 1.9 last night. Did some last minute changes this morning and started updating the documenation. When i get home tonight, the only thing ill be doing is playing L4D2. I'll try and finish up the doc's ASAP, and upload when feasibly possible given my crappy wireless connection.

Oh yeah, one item that did not get into the beta but will be in the published version. Conning tower emblems and kill flags! For all boats except the S boats. (i ran out of time). You'll have two files to play with.

data/textures/TNormal/tex/emblem.tga
data/textures/TNormal/tex/kills.tga

You the user edit those files, and put on them whatever you want. You do not have to convert them to DDS format.

Here's an example, they are totally independant of the boats skin, infact you won't have to swap an entire boat skin anymore, just the above two mentioned files.

edit:
here's a not so clean development screenshot so you can see the dimensions of the emblem fields.
Ducimus is offline   Reply With Quote