View Single Post
Old 02-07-23, 05:06 PM   #1
deslock1
Nub

Downloads: 4
Uploads: 0
Default SH3 w/ GWX gold crashing with windows 11

Greetings, all. I recently switched computers after a hard drive crash. The new desktop is running Windows 11. I was previously playing SH3 on Windows 8.1 via steam with GWX Gold. It worked perfect, no real problems to speak of. With the new computer, I get as far as the mission loading screen in "Career mode." The loading bar goes up to about 90 percent, hangs there and then the programs goes black and crashes back to the desktop. I have tried starting the game normally through Steam, and I have tried doing a "run as administrator" through the desktop icon. No success.

I uninstalled and reinstalled several times. SH3 will load and work without GWX. I've tested that. Something in GWX is getting hung up and crashing the game. I have deactivated all of the mods in JGSME, thinking it might be something there: no dice.

The game file is located here C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Silent Hunter. I also have the GWX folder in there.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I love SH3 and I have been playing it for years. Thanks!!
deslock1 is offline   Reply With Quote