View Single Post
Old 06-04-22, 12:50 PM   #26
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

See, thats why I decided against AMS 1 and 2, F1 series, rF2, WRC series. I have tried rF2 many years ago, the first build they released for free as a demo, and back then I even did not like it, but I understand that it has changed a lot since then. Still, I do not try these titles, since I feel my wishes and needs all are being met by the sims I already use: AC, ACC, RR; DR2, Wreckfest, ETS2. I in no way imply or mean to say the others ar enot good, but I can only usefully play so and so many titles in a day, week, and not more. Thats why I reject the others, and currently am not even interested in other, new developments (Rennsport, for exmaple).

Do no underestimate Wreckfest, nobody! They had a terrible many years-long Early Access development drama and desaster show running, but what they finally gave birth to is a silver-shining, wonderful beauty of a swan. Very solid immersion, good driving physics (really, believe it, they are good in the meaning of beign believable and meetign the expectations), and the whole thing makes an incredible lot of fun. I sometimes drive in it and laughing loud half of the time, serious!

If there is one title that is missing in the list of yours and that you nevertheless want to try out despite your overdose in titles you already own, than this one: Wreckfest. You can have an amok frenzy with it, if that is what you want. You can also have a really solid and super-proper racing sim, if that is your poison. Or you get your fun from both worlds. Its up to you. I play it on the ultra-huge movie screen in a virtual cinema via my VR headset, and that way even this originally non-VR game becomes a completely new ballgame. Jawdropping! Its the only racing game I care to play despite offering no true VR - usually I am the type of "no VR - no drive".

When you try RR, do not underestimate the apparently unspectacular, slow cars, I find them to make more fun thatn the super fast ones, or the open wheelers. Try for excmaple the Scirocco (think that is Group 4), or DTM 92, and then a less-known scandinavian rumble pit, AI, to start your personal preference tuning, set to lets say 96 or 97. Get ready to rumble! The AI varies a bit in competence with different car classes, thre superfast, super agile ones it finds more difficult to handle, with things like the GT3 and 4, the front wheelers and that speed range, it probably rumbles best.

Last edited by Skybird; 06-04-22 at 01:01 PM.
Skybird is offline   Reply With Quote