View Single Post
Old 12-19-16, 12:28 PM   #39
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

I'm finding the exact same thing. However, without LAA being applied to JSGME.exe, loading and unloading GFO always results in errors eventually. With LAA applied, GFO loads and unloads properly every time. So even GFO is over the threshold of how much memory unassisted JSGME can handle. Applying Large Address Aware fixes it.

Round 2 LAA plus JSGME vs Killer FOTRS Ultimate in a death match. Verify stock, then install and uininstall FOTRSU. The same seven files are changed. Inspection reveals that all 7 files use the -remove feature.

As you say, on the German flags the feature is used improperly as substitute files would take the place of the originals anyway. In the ConteVerde, that is not the case. So I removed all the -remove files for the seven files. Instantly, LAA plus JSGME installed and uninstalled all 3.6 GB of FOTRS Ultimate correctly every time. 4 times done, 4 times correct.

So we can explain away the German flags issue. That's just a stupid modder trick. But the ConteVerde stuff isn't so easily explained. I'll just leave the stock stuff untouched there, but changing in a new radar silhouette to get the position marker. All will be right in Denmark, even though absolute full understanding isn't achieved.

And yes, large size rendered JSGME unreliable for restoration of GFO. LAA fixed that instance. It had no effect at all in the reliability of FOTRSU. It isn't a DOS or Windows error. I don't use DOS or Windows. So something isn't quite right in the -remove handling of JSGME and we don't care what it is. We'll work around it.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 12-19-16 at 12:37 PM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote