View Single Post
Old 12-18-16, 08:08 AM   #34
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by fithah4 View Post
Murphy............Murphy?...............is Murphy's Law here?.........

Be interesting if the 7 anomalies of GFO are the same line anomalies listed in FOTRS ULTIMATE are a link to the SH 4 pristeen copy. Maybe like you said adding JSGME after large address aware will correct this issue.

GOOD LUCK with the mad scientist computing!!

There IS an answer out we have yet to stumble over, fall, trip, upon it!!

Fith
That was the interesting part. They were NOT the same. They were entirely different files. In FOTRSU it was ConteVerde and German flags. But GFO doesn't change any of that stuff. So those files were unaffected. In order for a file to be affected, JSGME has to replace that particular file with a mod file. Then JSGME must forget to change it back on the uninstall.

So in that respect it wasn't a fair test. I just wanted to find out if there was a lower limit to the size of a mod JSGME would have trouble with. And GFO wasn't small enough to find that limit. I was surprised by that.

Nobody tested more than Webster. He is the only supermodder ever to make an RSRDC mitigation patch to avoid being squashed like a cockroach when it was installed on top of GFO. I would have expected that he would encounter the problem. But if you weren't doing a compare and were just looking at game effects, with GFO the effects would be subtle. After all GFO is designed for an essentially unchanged game experience from stock. Anybody who thinks the stock game is crap needs to play GFO and find out how good it really is. GFO is a blast!

You have to remember than in 2010, when the golden era of SH4 modding died, 64-bit computers and operating systems existed, but nobody used them. 64-bit Windows didn't have drivers for enough hardware and if you were to be bold enough to use it you'd find your printer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, touchpad or any combination of those wouldn't be working. So everybody pretty much stuck with 32-bit Windows.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote