View Single Post
Old 12-17-16, 09:12 AM   #23
Rockin Robbins
Navy Seal

Downloads: 135
Uploads: 52

Just to get the first video up as quickly as possible. Disclaimers: this is the first test with something other than FOTRSU. I used GFO because I understand it and it is the smallest of SH4 supermods. I surely have not eliminated all possible variables here: it's a first test. More will follow.

But what happens here is quite extraordinary. It's not a Windows problem because I don't run Windows. It could be a memory availability problem and I'll be eliminating that variable next. I'd say the likelihood is very low that it's a memory problem but until I eliminate that as a factor we have to consider the possibility.

It's pretty scary. The music (?) is too loud. Yada yada. But the results of this straightforward test are extraordinary. Here's what happens:
  • I enter my SH4GFO installation, delete all game files and transfer a new copy from SH4Pristeen. These are now certified original game files
  • I write enable everything after stupidly stabbing the cancel button by mistake and being unable to execute MultiSH4.
  • I run MultiSH4 to make SH4 save settings and saved games in the \documents\GFO folder
  • I run Large Address Aware to make \ubisoft\SH4GFO\sh4.exe use more than 2 GB of memory
  • I start up JSGME and save a snapshot. Then I quickly do a compare of the files against the snapshot to show that says no changes......because.......we know no changes were made. That validates JSGME's save snapshot and compare snapshot functions
  • I install GFO, then immediately uninstall it without passing GO or collecting $200 (or playing the game).
  • I do another file compare. Tada!!!!! They're identical and JSGME has restored the original game Yay!
  • Let's go for seconds: I install and uninstall GFO again, just as I did the first time, without passing GO.
  • File comare results: 7 files different from stock. Go figure.
Please see if you can spot any errors in the test procedure. And I welcome suggestions on how this test could be altered or other tests made to help understand what happens here.

Last edited by Rockin Robbins; 12-17-16 at 09:21 AM.
Rockin Robbins is offline   Reply With Quote