Thread: The Hunter
View Single Post
Old 02-15-13, 08:36 PM   #59
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Found a new love in the game, the new Anschütz hunting rifle 1780 in callibre 9,3x62.

First, it's about the sound. The 8x57IS already sounded nice, this one sounds as nice, but different. Can't say which is better. But when it comes to best rifle sounds, in The Hunter these two rifles are the two candidates to chose from.

Second, this one delivers the heaviest punch of all rifles in the game. The famous African-tales-callibre it is: slower travelling but heavier bullet than the .300 or Winchester 306 Drops mooses and wild boars with one strike - the .300 gave me bigger troubles often. This callibre has special permission in Africa to be used for the big five no other round of that size is allowed for them, all others have to be even bigger (says Wikipedia).

It is assumed this gun relates to a new big species they include in the upcoming new reserve, which features a Scandinavian-style late-autumn-early-winter forest with mild snow layers and snowflakes instea dof rain. Could be a brown bear. Could be a caribou, I think these two are the most likely candidates.

With this rifle I think all others have become somewhat obsolete. A drop in precision over longer shooting ranges I cannot confirm, at least not at the distances I shoot at - and I avoid shooting beyond lets say 400 ft.

P.S. Nevertheless, precise aiming reminds important. So shoot with discipline, even this rifle is no self-runner!