View Single Post
Old 12-20-12, 03:54 PM   #48
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCIP View Post
Tried it out, it's a very nice game! As someone who has 0 interest or experience in real-life hunting, it's certainly making for some interesting new things to learn. It's both relaxing but also gives you those nice moments of tension and stealth. It certainly plays well as a game.

Not sure if I'm ready to go all-in and pay money for it yet, but I'll play more with the mule deer and see if it sticks with me.
On Hirschfelden map, the red and roe deer can warn the others by calling, a nice addon effect to the default behaviour of the other deer species. Some species I also find very difficult to hunt: I tried on blackbears today for the third time - and still got none, just saw two who showed me their backs from a distance, running. I placed a bear barrel now. Coyotes also are extremely shy and when you just became aware of their presence, they already are on their urgent pulling out.

As a free player you cannot try all these details, unfortunately. You rifles is only suited to kill mule dear at a distance, it is the weakest rifle in the game. Other species you cannot hunt anyway.

The rifles differ not only in power, but also in speed of reloading, and whether you loose your deer out of sight during reloading, or not (must take dopwn the rifle or not). There is a muzzle loader that takes over 20 seconds to reload, and after the shot you cannot see a thing for seconds due to the smoke . They also have all a different sound. The .44 Colt and the Anschütz 7x51 (DVD only so far), sound very nice. The "Winchester" is nice because it has both punch and you must not put it down to reload, which additionally goes very fast.