Thread: The Hunter
View Single Post
Old 12-17-12, 09:25 PM   #11
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

I'm against hunting as a whole, with the exception of the rules that 'if you kill it, you eat it' and 'don't overhunt the area' however I have to disagree a little bit with you there Spike.

You accurately state that not anyone can fly a big commercial airliner, that's true...but in the same way that if you went out on your own with a gun and tried to hunt down a Leopard, I would have you sign your last will and testament before you left.

Sure, there are easy shortcuts in hunting, having the pheasants too fat that the poor sods can barely fly, using a shotgun, having a tracker lead you to the target, but there are also easy aircraft to fly, well easier than a commercial airliner.

Sure, The Hunter can't replicate having your arms up to your elbows in deer guts, or spending two hours plucking and gutting a pheasant, but FSX can't accurately replicate the paperwork, enginework, G forces and other nuances that a real flight can...although to be fair with some of the addons out there it comes damn close.

Now...we just have to work on giving the deer weapons to shoot back with...
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote