View Single Post
Old 02-09-09, 07:15 AM   #72
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

*walks back to the barracks to meet Chad.*

"Herr Oberst! I have done some looking around and come to the following conclusions. One, firstly there are rumours in the local area of creatures in the night, werewolves would you believe, eh? Superstitious nonsense in my opinion, sir, but one can draw a link between that and wild animal attacks.
Also, the attack took place near the fuel depot, and on a policeman nevertheless, therefore it is reasonable to assume that the policeman caught someone in the act of stealing fuel, tried to apprehend them and was brutally murdered.
Who would gain from such an act?
Well, as you are aware, with the war on, fuel is a precious commodity, and rationing has surely affected the fishermen of this community, it is possible that one of them tried to steal the fuel and murdered when caught to keep his theft secret. Likewise, it is entirely possible that someone in die ubootwaffe decided to help themselves to a spot of extra fuel, it is a well known secret that the uboats are being rationed on fuel now too, perhaps one of their men decided to help themselves?
Quite frankly, sir, the list of suspects, barring yourself and Kaleun Jimbuna, and the fraulein at the bar who were all present at the bar during the attack, is quite high, anyone in this village could wish to steal fuel to sell on the black market where they would receive a hefty sum. I will continue to investigate in the morning, sir!"

*He salutes and heads out to the bar where he gets a tankard of beer and sits down at the piano to start playing 'Westerwald'.*