View Single Post
Old 07-21-22, 05:19 AM   #40
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

I'm still at it, hacking the keys every day 2 or 3 times, every time 40-50 minutes or so. Things, timetables now have become more routine, but also more difficult, the old brain of mine finds it heavier than in past years to learn and memorize new stuff, think I need twice as long as before... First implementation of attempts at rythm, and improvising simpe slow melodies with simple triad chords and sevenths add the needed change from the more technical monotonous training needs and excercises I run every day. And sometimes, for half a minute or so, things fall all into their right places, and for a couple of - improvised - bars things suddenly sound great and beautiful and I wonder "Wowh, was that really me?" I think it is also important to fool around with just random "improvsations", just so that the brain can map the sound of chords to certain parts of the keyboard, hopefully later finding them again more intuitively, right now I must often break and think whether this or that combination might be closer to the chord sound I have on mind. Sometimes the left hand starts to move all by itself and finds the right chords that match what I do with the right hand, all without thinking, but after a few chords it all collapses again, like a house of cards,. and I sit there, clueless, and needing to resort my mind again. But these moments are rare, still, but are an immense motivation boost. And every playing of mine of course is at very slow pace. I sometimes combine grand piano sound with soft pad sounds, that adds a volume with pressed sustain pedal that deceives me into believing there is more substance and complexity in what I do than there actually is. I am VERY satisfied with the instrument I chosed, the keyboard action feels fantastic. Just five years ago or so this keyboard action was used only in their high priced models.

So, having my fun, and definitely staying engaged, but it is difficult.

Also following the course material I got, slowly, as I said earlier, it pulls me through, is good stuff. And no "Für Elise" anywhere, what a damn relief!

Last edited by Skybird; 07-21-22 at 05:27 AM.
Skybird is online   Reply With Quote