Old 01-21-24, 06:07 AM   #5
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eichhörnchen View Post
Quote:

"The second problem Ubisoft’s subscription service will face, if it continues to evolve, is traditionally-minded customers.

Some gamers will always want physical copies. If they’re told they can’t have one, they may take their business elsewhere"

Hear-hear!!

My gaming & simming is all pre 2010 and on disc - after which time just about everything seemed to require a Steam account. So I may be just an old geezer but my vote and money is still as powerful as the next man's - and I don't want this

Unsurprisingly, my music and movies are all on disc too and that's how it'll continue until all of us who resist this are gone and they can dictate terms to everyone else

I feel the same anger about this as I did when Microsoft withdrew support for Flight Simulator X and I could no longer activate my disc on a new computer, added to which I'd spent a fortune on photo-real software which I could no longer use - and this is all on disc! So if it requires any kind of internet connection at any stage then I won't buy it - end of
I hear you. No TV streaming and no music internet abo for me. All movies are on disc, almost all music as well. I may buy music as MP3 downloads and burn it on CD, however. Games, well, I hesitated for years and years to go with Steam. But finally did. Could not complain about Steam, but companies selling there - I avoid these. No UBI for me, as one exmaple. Also, no abo service on my backup playstation which I rarely use anyway. To be fair, there are also those companies who treat their customers very fair and supporting. The mean ones are the big ones, because they think they can bend the rules in their favour.