Old 03-01-21, 12:43 PM   #3
3catcircus
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 247
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
Experience comes with practice. ©
True - but there appear to be many new and returning players who seem to have the same types of questions. Many newer mods have adapted and extended other older mods.

So, for example, new players may not have the understanding that the changes to a file caused by a GUI mod and by an environment mod might be incompatible but when placed together in a megamod, the author manually adjusted the file to eliminate the incompatibility - so if they choose a different megamod that don't have that GUI and environment mod, and then add those two mods, they'll need to know to manually edit the end state file.

My own experience with this was, using a GWX3 install, I added MaGui Final, U-Boats Compilation(s), and then H.sie and Stiebler. And I then had to manually edit several files contents to make it all work.

Trial and error, but I have the patience. I could be wrong but I get the sense that many newbies lack that patience and perseverance and then complain that things don't work without putting forth some basic effort.

Last edited by 3catcircus; 03-01-21 at 12:54 PM.
3catcircus is offline   Reply With Quote