kapuhy
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 72
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap View Post
@ kapuhy

thank you for your answers!

Some points in your account of FX bones and damage boxes don't quite match my recollections, but unfortunately I have not the files in front of me. I will be back to you on this topic as soon as I re-install the game
Since I got to the phase where I do FX for new ships I was able to do a little test. I cleared all effects from all FX bones except for two "low tier" aka "L1" bones (lets call them B1 and B2), both sharing the same parent bone (PB). I then created two boxes for PB bone, one of which covered position of bone B1 and other, position of bone B2. I loaded up the game and put a bunch of shells into ships bow aiming at box Z2.

If game checked positions of bones against damaged box, I expected only effect B2 to play, but instead both played out as soon as damage to Z2 box exceeded 40% requied for L1 effects to play.

So no, it appears game only uses positions of fx bones to anchor their effects in 3d space, not to decide which ones to play out. Also, making multiple boxes for single parent fx bone does not make game "divide" effects between boxes - all effects will play out as soon as one box sustains enough damage to trigger them.
kapuhy is offline   Reply With Quote