View Single Post
Old 01-18-22, 11:27 AM   #141
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_M View Post
Quite hard for me to understand. Vertice, vertex, what's the difference ? What's that ?
Isn't vertices the plural form of vertex? I.e. the points which, being connected by edges, compose faces. In a triangulated model, three vertices (or vertexes using an alternative spelling of the same word) delimit a single face.

Quote:
Else, I know what a face is, and what a normal is (or I think). So, my problem would come from the second number in each triplet ?
Hard to say as I don't know how the information contained in obj files is read by S3d and how it is stored in a dat file, nonetheless, the most likely causes of wrong secondary UV map import are:

- different number/order of texture vertices (vt lines) in the UV2 model compared to the main model.

- different order of face definitions (f lines) in the UV2 model compared to the main model.

What I can tell you for sure is that if the main and the UV2 model are identical in all the respects except vt coordinate values, there is a 100% probability of success. With this idea in mind I have created an Excel spreadsheet which sorts vt coordinates for us. It is a rather crude tool, it requires a lot of manual data filtering, cutting and pasting; any mistake will cause wrong results, but if used correctly it does its job just fine.

If you are interested into testing it, I can upload it somewhere and post its link in the Almagest thread where it belongs more than here. Sorry kapuhy for kidnapping one of your threads again

Quote:
No, mtllib *-uv2.mtl

Edit : This solved the issue on the funnel.
gap is offline   Reply With Quote