View Single Post
Old 01-18-22, 08:30 AM   #139
gap
Navy Seal

Downloads: 793
Uploads: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister_M View Post
Can these files be cured ? I need to modify some sub-objects.
Yes, in most cases they can, though at some point it might be more convenient making the changes directly in Blender.

Before I go into details on how a simple Wings3D import/export cycle can mess up a pair of UV1/UV2 obj files, and how we can fix the mismatches, I recommend you to get some theory on obj file architecture. Please read carefully the following post by me and report back if any point is not perfectly clear to you:

https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/sho...75#post2786275

Quote:
Also, all the AO objects have been imported/exported with Wings3D, and I see no problem for them...
For relatively simple objects Wings might do a good job, but the higher the number of vertices, texture coordinates and faces, the more likely is that it will mess up things for us.

Quote:
(I did that because I had to rename them with -uv2 at the end, in order S3D can import both diffuse and AO obj at the same time ; If I rename directly the files, it doesn't work).
Maybe this is happening because S3d expects an .mtl file with the same name as the .obj file to be available in the same folder, but the *_AO.obj file (renamed by you *_UV2.obj) still points to a .mtl file with the _AO suffix. To fix this issue open the obj file in notepad and change manually the following line:

mtllib *_AO.mtl

to:

mtllib *_UV2.mtl
gap is offline   Reply With Quote