View Single Post
Old 12-15-06, 11:13 PM   #8
JSF
Engineer

Downloads: 3
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by U-snafu
I just picked up a Badger #150--single & dual action-bottom feed. Anyone use this model in the past? any real cons with using this one??

Also, looking at getting a badger 180-10 diapraghm air-compresser tommorrow to go w/ it----any of the modelers here have any opinions on the pros and cons of this compresser??

Any comments or advice on the brush & compresser choice for using on ship modeling would be appreciated.
The Badger airbrush is a very good tool for what you are trying to do. However, if your budget allows for it I do suggest that you purchase additional brushes which have different size nozzles ( med and fine) with built in gravity feed cups.

Paint is another critical choice. Like someone else recommended I prefer Gunze and Tamiya. Both have very fine pigment and lay down nicely. Additionally they are safe to use in doors since they can be cut with water or alcohol and clean up afterwards is a breeze.

And, the diaphram compresser is a good choice as well. They are very quiet. There is a nipple adapter you can place on the compresser where the airline connects which will allow you to bleed off some of the air pressure. Two benefits here; 1) this lowers the temperature of the air entering your airbrush. The lower temp will illiminate water spitting from your brush because there will be NO condensation build-up. 2) Also, the lower pressure will allow you to maintain better control of the paint spray.

Look forward to seeing the final product!
JSF is offline   Reply With Quote