View Single Post
Old 04-11-23, 12:16 PM   #1417
Wolfstriked
Grey Wolf

Downloads: 230
Uploads: 0

Is that the cause of the CTDs people are having?if so then yeah it must go!

BTW Fifi,been going at it with my personal sub wave riding mod and its coming along nicely.But then I hit the wall that is the typeXXI.This sub has many issues and I think its reason why no I have never seen a video of SH3 with the typeXXI.Sad though as its a nice machine.Here are the issues..........

When I enter game the damage screen always has radar in red and says destroyed.

When you surface with empty battery it never fills up completely.I ran for 7 days straight and it never said batteries 100% full nor did the propulsion switch back to standard mode.

When you surface the boat it takes so long for the remainder of main ballast to empty of water.2 mins after surface for crew to appear on deck and then 4min40secs for the front dive plane to retract which I assume means main ballast tanks fully blown.

When at periscope depth I noticed the sub just having the hardest time staying there.All SH3 sub diveplane drag settings are set as 0.025 friction while the XXI has diveplanes set at 0.01.I put it to 0.025 and it cures this odd behavior of sub.This 0.01 drag is stock SH3 though and I cant see why they would make it so low.

The snorkel depth may also be set wrong in NYGM.Mistake or intended?? Going by all the other subs the snorkel depth is usually 1 to 2 meters higher than periscope depth but NYGM has the typeXXI with snorkel depth lower at 16m and its periscope depth at 15.5m.

Sorry if this gives you headache like it has to me
Wolfstriked is offline   Reply With Quote