View Single Post
Old 06-04-06, 05:03 PM   #133
Syxx_Killer
Admiral

Downloads: 21
Uploads: 0

I don't remember, exactly, how I found the forum. I think it was during a search on Yahoo. I first visited the site shortly after I got Jane's 688(i) Hunter-Killer in the bargain bin at Wal-Mart. I'm pretty sure I found the patch through this site. It also seems to me, that when I would search for a patch for Command: Aces of the Deep, the search always lead me to this site. I guess I always hoped for a patch for that game... I don't think I visited the forums much during my early visits. When I finally started posting the forum was using phpBB in the, now a Subsim trademark, SmartDark. It is hard for me to visualize Subsim in any other color! Through the years I was able to remember the name of this site rather easily. I would check in now and then, namely when I was bored :p, to see if there was any new news posted. I think my first posts to the site was in the early days of Dangerous Waters. There was a contest going at the time for people to post to the forum set up. If I remember right, I think six winners would be randomly chosen. If they won, they got a signed copy of the game. After that I made a few posts to the forum. I, then, didn't post much. The people in the Dangerous waters forum knew so much about modern warfare, and still do, that I didn't think I had anything to contribute (and still do ). When Silent Hunter III was announced I made my way back to this forum. I remember when the big news was broke that the campaign would be changed to my dynamic. That was a happy day! One of the most fun times I can recall here at Subsim, was the Recon-Test. I would try and check in everyday to see what the intel photo was going to be. They were all pretty challenging and that is why it was so enjoyable. I have often thought of changing my screenname, but have just kept with it. Maybe if I come up with the right one sameday, I may consider it. I don't see myself going anywhere anytime soon.
Syxx_Killer is offline   Reply With Quote