Old 02-20-22, 04:55 PM   #64
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Pancoast View Post
The Stiebler patches minimum tc patch is hardcoded to the game's shift-n key function when it is applied. Strange that only using the n key is doing that in your game.

Two ways to free up your recognition manual n key, assuming the Stiebler patch is affecting it.
- disable the tc patch in his mod.
- remap the manual to a different key.
I would try the first solution first just to make sure the Stiebler mod is the problem.
The tc fix is nice around leaving and returning to your home port; it's purpose is to keep the game from going to 1x tc every time your crew spots a ship or aircraft around your port.
But it's not essential.
To add to that, could always locate the key command in the... menu.ini (I think is where that would be located... I believe...) after pulling the mod out of activation, 1st... of course.

On locating it's posit in the guts of that... then clip in there (think is somewhere like 2/3 of the way into that commands sectioning...) a ";" insert... which, as I recall... short circuits its functioning at all... right there, in the line of where the "n" key is assigned that function.

As John pointed out, it's use was to short circuit getting all those ships sighted messages on exiting & returning to base. Not really needed, unless you really want to have it in there... totally up to you there, @Dieselglock...

If, I am off on the exact location'ing of that command structure... am sure 1 of the others, can correct that... but, think I am fairly sure of the location for it. But... don't hold Me to that... 1000% though...

Hope this helps...

M. M.