Old 06-25-22, 09:42 AM   #14
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by patfly View Post
So it goes, I really should kill everything steam related- annoying bit of prog.
Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Naw, it works OK, you just have to coddle it, hold its hand, lead it around by the hand as you whisper sweet nothings into its ear, to have it do what you want it to... - but it does work, just uh - 'differently'...

*sighs* No, not all is lost.

It... is possible, to work around, but... as propbeanie said, it does take a lot of work to do.

There is... a middle ground compromise... though I prefer the slash & burn methodology.

I use Steam, & at latest count... have 31 games that I can access & play, at any given moment of My choosing.

Of those... though, NOT all of those 31, are installed. Only... 12 are... currently.

Now...

on to a workable compromise. (THIS... pertains to just the "Games Library portion, thereby, leaving the Launcher right where it is. I chose to undergo the more complete process of snatching the whole deal from out of UAC's terroristic Drath Vader, Vulcan, King Kong death grip... )

If you have a bit of games in your library, be aware... that it will be a rather lengthy... process of shifting the library out of UAC's "terror-tory" & into a more neutral one.

On that side shifting process I shall defer to propbeanie or one of the other sub simmers here, who have more... extensive... experience in that methodology.

My methodology, is more... direct, & painful... like... ripping a Band-Aid off a wound.

Slash & burn... make note of what games are installed... if you are like Me & have access to a lot of games, just not all installed... then that should not be a very long list... the biggest time cost will be, in the reinstall process... if you go to do an... all in a 1 shot reinstall.

It can be simpler, to go for the ones you know you're more... apt to play more oft... & just work on reinstalling the others on an... as need basis... or do a couple at a time, in between gaming on the more played ones on that list.

Your choice on how to go from there.

After that, is but a simple process to then... decide just where out of UAC's terror-tory, you wish to set up the NEW Steam Games Library... & then, set it up.

Once done... then begin the process of reinstalling those games you noted of that were previously... installed.

Final step... nuclear vaporize the old Library & make sure to nuke it from Steam's Library locations list, as well... ensuring that the NEW location is ear marked so that Steam Launcher & store... know to send any new games to there... & with that...

Done.

Just know... that UAC... is NOT your friend.... it's more of... a rabid pit bull... without a brain.

Hope this helps... clarify things.

M. M.