View Single Post
Old 06-23-22, 03:30 AM   #6
Philburt
Nub

Downloads: 5
Uploads: 0
Default Progress made :)

Propbeanie, thanks for the prompt response ��
In the meantime, I’ve made some progress.
I’ve installed vanilla SH3 at 1.0 from disc and updated to v1.4. ☑️
I’ve then run the approved ‘patch’ to nerf the Starforce protection ☑️
Next, I downloaded LSH3 2015 ☑️
Finally I downloaded Grey Wolves 3.0 Gold☑️
My understanding is that these are all compatible?
Everything seems to run fine, but I still have a query
I don’t know which .exe file to run to start the game!? Lol
If I run the “LSH3” file I get what I think is the correct new version of the game with pop up co2 and battery gauges in the bottom middle of screen, but don’t know if I have the GWX and Commander mod features? How do I check?
If I run the “SH3 with GWX 3.0 Gold” file I get another version of the game that has the old interface but has the drag down wooden stopwatch which isn’t in the other version? Is this from a mod too?
I’m a bit confused which .exe I should run and how to tell if LSH3 2015, GWX and the Commander mod are all present?
Grateful in advance for any guidance ����

Quote:
Originally Posted by propbeanie View Post
Do you happen to know what version of the disk game you have Philburt? Maybe what year you purchased the disk? If it's a relatively "new" v1.4.0.1, then you will not have any issue with it, so long as you start the installer manually and use "Run as administrator" to start it (right-click context menu). Install the game in a folder you create (such as "C:\Games..."). Do not use the installer's default of "C:\Program Files (x86)\..." else you will have trouble with adding mods. The Starforce (copy protection) version of the game (initial release and v1.2??) have issue running on the "modern" computer and OS.

The Steam version does mod OK also, other than I have issues getting a wide screen mod to function correctly on top of some mega-mods on a Steam copy on my computer, whereas with the disk and Ubisoft download versions I have do not have issue with them. I also have troubles with the h.sie and Stiebler patches on the Steam game. I am sure there are others that do not encounter that issue, but on my machine, they do not like the Steam SH3.exe file. One work around is to substitute my disk SH3.exe for the Steam file, and all is golden.
Philburt is offline   Reply With Quote