View Single Post
Old 03-05-11, 05:38 PM   #57
Skybird
Soaring

Downloads: 9
Uploads: 0

Less than 5 minutes after I typed about grining face and fast system - the whole new shine ended abruptly and brought me back to harsh life's reality.

System suddenly rebooted automaticall into a startup repair procedure, found some missing files, repaired them, rebooted again, scanned again, then had a system restore point activated from DOS screen, rebooted a third time and then produced errorcodes over startup repair procedures being offline, some number stuff, then auto failover and corrupted files, and finally a HD cycling through the latter steps over and over again. All the time booting started with "scanning devices, no device found!", but for six hours the system ran nevertheless. Ventilators are very qiet, so is the PSU, just the HD was amazingly loud.

I think it is either the HD, or some controller on the mainboard. Typoing this from my old system again. I already have had options tweaking and installing done worth 6-7 hours.

oh, I already had that...

Gloomy mood, great disappointment - and no glorious new flyight simming over here. But a long sunday ahead instead.

Will use the opportunity to get another HD installed anyway. It was the only component I left to their choice, and they gave me a Hitachi with 16 cache, while all others they have have 32 cache - and down to one Euzro for exactly the saqme price (for a 1 TB drive). Want that WD they have instead.

If you have any theory what it could be, let me know.