View Single Post
Old 07-20-07, 03:53 AM   #34
HunterICX
Rear Admiral

Downloads: 8
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chock
What are the realism settings on for that video? it doesn't seem very believable that a bf-110 could turn with a single engined fighter, and it seemed to have a better roll rate that the 190, which it plainly didn't have in real life. Also looked like external views were being used in combat, were they?

Chock
When I host the IL2 dificulty settings are friendly (but none affect the IL2 flight model and still you can have black and stalls but its easier to recover from them) as we have some guys that play that still need to discover the limits of the plane itself and also when we just dogfight we just are having some fun (unlimitted ammo).
I mostly keep External views on as some like dowly likes to record the whole thing and for people that like to make some screenshots.

as about the FW190 vs the BF110
well, flying the FW190 seems to be a advantage versus the BF110
but instead the FW190 is a bit of a piggy in turning radius...its too wide and too long as you Bank right hard you will roll over and end up in a stall
as the FW190 design was more of a Bomber killer then a dogfighter (like the BF109) I should have picked the 109 instead of the 190 versus Dowly hehehehe

but when I launch Co-op missions I mostly crank up the dificulty to a higher level then in just fun Dogfights.

you should join us someday Chock it is great fun.
you know the hour 22:00GMT +1 and mostly I post a Scramble in the Online play topic.

HunterICX