View Single Post
Old 05-08-22, 01:02 PM   #875
Bubblehead1980
Navy Seal

Downloads: 550
Uploads: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
Already enable the new version and etc. But (dont be mad at me) loaded the campaign that I was playing with the previous version.

The type 23 torpedo costs 500 renown now, I think that was 0 in the previous, correct?

Well, its up to you but you are putting your career at risk, risk of wasting a lot of time to eventually get CTD corrupted files etc. Best to just do a fresh install and career, at some point it will get ya. Even if get lucky, certain things in V2.0 will not function properly running with a V1.0 career, because of changes in the mod, so you will be missing out on things. Really bad idea, but up to you.

I am on a patrol so cant look at the moment but if I recall, MK 23 torpedo was made to cost renown when first introduced.

There is a bug in the game that no matter what date I set, sometimes the MK 23 (occasionally others) is available way too early as mentioned in the readme. To counter this I made them expensive in case offered early and very defective. They can also cause CTD as explained in readme if equipped before October 1943.

After they do cost for a period of time if I recall when first introduced, they become free eventually. I forget dates bu believe in January 1944 they drop to 0.

MK 23 in TMO is exactly the same as 14 (as it as in real life) minus the magnetic detonator (MK 23 was produced after they were deactivated ) or long range function (long range setting rarely used in early war, so was deemed not necessary, but became needed in later war so MK 14 became favored, MK 23's were modified into MK 14 or scrapped for parts).
Bubblehead1980 is offline   Reply With Quote