View Single Post
Old 05-23-21, 12:44 PM   #1
Adm_Steel
Swabbie

Downloads: 16
Uploads: 0
cool ESM, Conn - report

Yup, I'm going to be that guy. I know SH4 is a WWII game but I DID notice someone built an SSBN mod soooooooo... since it was one of my favorite watches to stand, I'm curious to know - has anyone considered building an ESM mod for SH4?

It would be a pretty extensive mod, I suppose, but it should be able to be piggybacked right off the sonar info. I don't know enough about programming to do it myself but I'd be extremely curious to know if any modders out there want to take up the challenge.

Naturally the extent of what I know about it can't be shared in a public forum, but it would be a pretty cool addition and add some variety to the game play - especially for those obnoxious destroyers that like to sit dead in the water waiting for you to show yourself.

Also out of curiousity - has anyone noticed that sonar will pick up wave slap from a sitting target but the poor sonar chap is too stupid to call out a contact? Pretty close to real life IMO. Not his fault though, the sonar room was always toxically permeated with the smell of farts, manlove and hollow skulls.

-A former radioman
Adm_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote