Old 07-28-21, 12:44 AM   #3708
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

radar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lederhosen View Post
I have a clean vanilla SH4 from a CD on the "I" drive. It has only been run once using the sub school. I make copies of this original vanilla sh4 for KSDII and DarkWaters, both run fine. And both, through multiSH4, have their own save game folder.
Ok, when you boot up the unmodded SH4... what version is it listed as...

v 1.4, v 1.5 ???

With regards to FotRS mod, did you dump the MODS folder, along with SH4 when you attempted to reset up the 2nd time.. & unzip the mods after reinstalling SH4... or did you save the mods folder & reuse the unzipped mods.???

If you kept the unzipped mods & the MODS folder... so as to have only the mods themselves in the MODS folder, you would have had to delete the following:

JSGME (this would be the configuration settings, located in the MODS folder. It sets up when you activate the mods initially. To avoid issues, you'd need to delete that, if you snag the MODS folder out of the SH4 install folder... that config file, should be the last in the list, inside the 'MODS' folder.)

In addition, I would say, also that JSGME file snapshot... would likely need to be deleted, as well.

I believe that those 2 items in 'MODS' folder being kept in there (if you kept it to use in your 2nd attempt to set up SH$ + FotRS-Ultimate) would cause issues, just the same as not deleting the game save folder you set up in documents, using MultiSH4.

propbeanie can confirm that, for 100% sure, but I am fairly confident that am right about that...

M. M.