View Single Post
Old 12-20-11, 12:50 AM   #95
Gut Wrench
Chief

Downloads: 0
Uploads: 0
EVERY GIVEN SUNDAY PUT THE LIGHTS OUT ON TAIPANS
...advance to the Torpedo Bowl.

Week Fifteen in the 2011 Subsim Fantasy Football, first week of the playoffs, and what a wild weekend it turned out to be. We'll have all the news on who did what, who turned out the lights on who, and just exactly who made it to the big game right after this important announcement brought to you by San Francisco's Pacific Gas and Electric.

NOMINATE SUBSIM FFL REPORTS FOR THIS YEARS "BEST OF SUBSIM".

Let's start at the back end of the week first, cause that's where we learned just how much a coach will do to get into the Championship game. As reported last week, I'm making this account from the second tier of Candlestick Park. I was making a play at one of the Goldrush girls and the last thing I said was "Honest sweetie, may God strike me down if I have dishonorable intentions."

And that's when the lights went out.

When the came back on the last thing I saw was Security wrestling Coach Pioneer out of the back of the score board. "I didn't do it," he was heard to cry, but it was common knowledge that his team, the #1 seed the Taipans were in trouble. Coach Mike of Every Given Sunday had sent Drew Brees (EGS) out and just lit up the scoreboard with 5 touchdowns. With barely a last gasp left Coach Pioneer snuk back into the game to disrupt the game for a second time. Vernon Davis (AT) knew what to do and caught a touchdown to bring the game closer, before eventually running out of light.

Taipns loose a thriller to Every Given Sunday 104-99, and the number 4 seed, who advance to the Torpedo Bowl Championship Game. The Taipans get to sought out third place.

But just who would Coach Mike and the team that barely squeaked into the playoffs, meet next week. The other key game was the powerhouse match between the Dragons and the Ghost Monkeys. The Dragons, early season favorites to scoop the pool started the week as the #2 seed, having lost a shocker in the last week of the playoffs. They were matched against Coach Mookie's new expansion team, the Ghost Monkeys. It wasn't much of a game as the Dragons atoned for the previous week and put up an outstanding 161 points, almost double the Monkeys woeful 84.

In the Consolation Series, the #5 seed the Wild Boston Terriers, had their league leading QB Aaron Rodgers (WBT) suffer a bruised ego as the Reapers, the lowly ranked #8 and in the playoffs after a tiebreaker, sought out to prove their position was less than justified. The Reapers had an beast running game with Reggie Bush for 203 yards, and on the boot of David Akers, eventually kicked free to down the Doggies 95 - 86.

The best game of the week was the #6 and #7 match up of the Guns of Hochuli and the Black Cats. Divisional rivals, having split their match up during the regular season, were now squabbling for the right to meet the Reapers for the league's lavender (#5) medal. This game had more change of leads than I have ever seen, coming down to the wire on the final play of the final Monday game. In the end, the Black Cats stall out, and the Gunner hang on to win 99-95.

So next weeks games look like this. The Subsim Torpedo Bowl wills see the Dragons hosting Every Given Sunday. The Dragons will be in their third consecutive Championship Game having won one and narrowly lost the other. They'll be matched up against Every Given Sunday, who finished fourth last year, and lost to the Dragons two years ago.

Are we looking at a Dragons Dynasty? Only next week will tell. And remember, Saturday games this week, not Sunday.

The bronze medal will be played off between the Taipans and the Ghost Monkeys. The Monkeys make the playoffs in their first year as an expansion team, the Taipans make their first appearance.

In the Consolation Series, and there is still some really good games being played down there, the Guns of Hochuli will be hosting the Reapers, in the third meeting of these two teams this year. The Wild Boston Terriers, with their loss, get one last shot when the Black Cats come to town. Dogs, Cats, has all the makings of a great game.

Each week, the Associated Subsim Writers (ASW) will nominated their Most Valuable Torpedo (MVT) of the week, the single player who proved decisive in their teams performance.

For the effort of 3 sacks, 3 interceptions 1 fumble recovery and only allowing 3 points to be scored against them, the Associated Subsim Writers are pleased to present the 49ers Defense of the Guns of Hochuli with the Week Fifteen MVT.

Gut Wrench is offline   Reply With Quote