View Single Post
Old 02-26-10, 09:12 AM   #7
sharkbit
The Old Man

Downloads: 334
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subnuts View Post
You know, I'd say the "Anatomy of the Ship" book on the Bismarck is one of the weakest in the series. The draftsmanship is cold and sterile (mostly hairline thickness lines), there's very little information on hull structure and machinery, the scaling of the plans is all over the place, there are no perspective drawings, few photographs, and only a couple of fittings are depicted.

I know you were looking for Bismarck books, but if the "Anatomy" series interests you, I'd recommend going for anything by the three Johns (John Roberts, John McKay, and John Lambert) instead.
Thanks for the review on the Bismark Anatomy of the Ship.
I was thinking of getting that but the price seems a little steep. I'll have to take a look at your other suggestions.
“Prejudice is blind. There will always be someone who says you aren’t welcome at the table. Stop apologizing for who you are and using all your energy trying to change their minds. Yes, you will lose friends, maybe even family. But you will gain your self-respect. You will know your worth. Once you have that, nothing can stop you.”
sharkbit is offline   Reply With Quote