View Single Post
Old 07-06-21, 08:12 AM   #5079
KaleunMarco
Silent Hunter

Location: Chicago area, which is more dangerous than Omaha Beach.
Downloads: 436
Uploads: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
A challenging and ultimately successful patrol with five enemy merchant vessels sunk, as well as three sampans. The amount of time between the first ship sunk on 26 August and the last on 30 September, with no shipping contacts (aside from sampans) in between along these normally busy but ill defined shipping lanes leads me to believe the enemy changed their routes for most of September to avoid submarine attack, switching back towards the end, which routed the convoy encountered on 30 September into Drum's lap as had set course to the east to return to Brisbane.
over the years as i played this game i have noticed its tendency to not spawn groups after certain dates, like September 1.

September 1 is the starting effective date of the traffic files....convoys and task forces.
I think that SH4 gets itself lost when the player is on a career-mission and that date passes. traffic seems to disappear. i say again: this is an SH4 issue not a modder issue.

i can't prove anything but it sure seems to be true over thousands of missions.

anyway, nice patrol log. i wonder how you have time and consciousness to keep a detailed log while you are playing the game and then living Real Life as well, with all of its "distractions".

------------------------------------------------------------
Silent Hunter 4 1.5 Gold Edition on CDROM
LAA enabled
Dell XPS with 32 GB Ram running Win10
KaleunMarco is offline   Reply With Quote