View Single Post
Old 11-27-22, 11:04 PM   #18
magicstix
Captain

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by UglyMowgli View Post
1- Did I wrote anything about USN sonarmen? NO. So don't put words I never wrote in my hands!

2 - What sensitive information? Absolutely none have been given to the devs team by the "Navy Advisors" (Navy is a broad term and didn't refer specifically to the US Navy). They all who know how to keep their mouths shut on sensitive topics.

3 - You don't know anything about the eventual relation between the devs, the publisher and the USN. So maybe (or not) there is active or former STS, FT, ETV/R helping the team with their hierarchy or the Navy knowing about.

4 - My source, maybe I am (or not) one those "Navy Advisors".

1- It's a game about US Navy subs. The implication of which navy "navy advisor" or "SONARman" means is obvious. Q.E.D.

2- The ARCI displays are by definition sensitive. Q.E.D.

3- You don't know what I know about the US Navy's interactions with game developers. However, I do know the US navy does not have a relationship with a pair of Greek developers to build a high-fidelity simulation of their cutting edge fast attack submarines.

4- You're from Canada. You are not a "navy advisor" on US ARCI systems nor Virginia class boats. If you knew anything about them in an official capacity (which as a Canadian national you would by definition be barred from knowing *ANYTHING* about Virginia class boats), you wouldn't be telling them (per NATO treaty obligations).

The only Canadians who might conceivably know anything about Virginia class boats would be, or have been, stationed at Whidbey Island, and that narrows down the "who" a lot.

So long story short, you are either not one of those navy advisors, or they are getting useless information from you. Q.E.D.
magicstix is offline   Reply With Quote