View Single Post
Old 11-06-22, 04:13 AM   #18
Toxiclad
Herr Kaleun

Downloads: 44
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySeven View Post
Anyone else find that after the recent patches, the merchants spot you way too easily.

Ex. Night, wind at 14 knots, my boat is surfaced heading 225 deg towards funnel smoke. I get just close enough to see on the map it is a single ship but not clearly enough to make a visual even with a helper. Based on my map plots she's heading about 20 deg. I estimate AOB at about 35 starboard.

Next thing I know, before I'm even fully within clear sight range, it makes a 180 and tears off at fast speed.

This has happened at least twice. No way she can see me in those conditions when I can't really see her clearly to even make an ID on the UZO. I think if I went to periscope that soon, I'd lose the intercept.

Maybe I'm just trying to play this like SH3, SH4 and SH5.
Same here, it's like the AI has superpowers. I had a couple of situations where I was at periscope depth in the middle of the night waiting for a convoy to pass by so I could make an identification on some freighters, well I could not even identificate the flag because suddenly the destroyers of the convoy turned to my direction an tried to hunt me down. This happens quite a lot.
Toxiclad is offline   Reply With Quote