View Single Post
Old 12-30-16, 01:41 PM   #66
finchOU
Samurai Navy

Downloads: 77
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julhelm View Post
I hope they do not listen too much to the hardcore sim crowd. I backed it because it had a fresh concept, and if it turns out to just be another variation on the Silent Hunter 3 formula I will be very disappointed.
IDK man. I get having to make a game more playable to more people. But in the end I think if it's too easy or not as realistic then replayablity becomes a factor. The Reason Aces and SH3/5 kept me coming back was the replayablity and nod to realism.

I can't fault anyone for making more Sims...as exposure itself should always be good. But I still think a SH6 "game changer" Uboot sim has Everything for Everyone. Read: Options. Whether that be Modablity (read: customization) or scaling Realism and adjustable computer performance parameters. More importantly it must move the chains for a uboot sim.....Read: it should incorporate everything good from the past and add to it. This should be the minimum request from sub simmers.....progress. It just sad when some of these games come out and Aces of the Deep is still a better sim (albeit with crappy graphics). Sorry to Rant or open up old wounds....just wanted to put in my 2 cents on what I think is important.

This game looks a little too hokey and point and click for my tastes.....but that is just a first impression off of limited information. Love the graphics minus explosions. Game looks too arcade for a simulator tho (maybe that is the point).
finchOU is offline   Reply With Quote