View Single Post
Old 03-22-15, 08:18 AM   #1344
Koranis
Helmsman

Downloads: 84
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsue View Post
You can press the "E" key or use the icon for charts in the upper RH UI to bring up the "User Charts" options dialogue. Scroll through to the Maps option, select this, and then select the grid overlay by scrolling through the lower options box.

Drag the Grid overlay onto the chart over the AN18 grid and zoom the nav chart until AN18 grid and the grid overlay are both roughly the same size. Use the drag feature on the edge of the overlay then to drag the edges to match the edges of the nav chart grid. You now have the position of your second group of digits.

I normally then grab the marker tool, place it over the required position then use the "E" key again to switch off the overlay so that you can use the marker to put an x on the desired spot. Grab the compass tool and draw a circle from that mark out to the required radius (80~200 klm?). You now have you patrol boundaries

As for the incomplete objectives, vdr1981 has posted an explanation on how this works and a workaround a couple of posts back.
Wow, I didn't know there were so many hidden charts!! Thank you!

As for the incomplete objectives, I thought vdr1981 was referring to strategic objectives, like "Eastern British Coastal Waters", not tactical ones like, like "Patrol this area."
Koranis is offline   Reply With Quote