Old 03-22-15, 02:22 AM   #1341
kevinsue
Der Einzelgänger

Downloads: 363
Uploads: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koranis View Post
Hello,

I have a little problem. I chose a mission and it directed me to AN1814 patrol area.

First, I just see AN18 grid with no second pair of numbers visible anywhere, so I don't know where to look for the "14". In other words, I can get to AN18 easily, but I don't know where to look for AN1814.

Second, if I click on the "mission icon" nothing happens. While in the bunker it showed the location I was supposed to get but once in the boat clicking on the same icon has effect.

I'm not very expert at modding so I'm using Wolves of Steel megamod.

I've just sunk 2 ships within AN18 area but the objectives still show as incomplete.

What should I do?

EDIT: I've published the same post in Open Horizon II thread. My apologies but I do not know where this issue belongs.
You can press the "E" key or use the icon for charts in the upper RH UI to bring up the "User Charts" options dialogue. Scroll through to the Maps option, select this, and then select the grid overlay by scrolling through the lower options box.

Drag the Grid overlay onto the chart over the AN18 grid and zoom the nav chart until AN18 grid and the grid overlay are both roughly the same size. Use the drag feature on the edge of the overlay then to drag the edges to match the edges of the nav chart grid. You now have the position of your second group of digits.

I normally then grab the marker tool, place it over the required position then use the "E" key again to switch off the overlay so that you can use the marker to put an x on the desired spot. Grab the compass tool and draw a circle from that mark out to the required radius (80~200 klm?). You now have you patrol boundaries

As for the incomplete objectives, vdr1981 has posted an explanation on how this works and a workaround a couple of posts back.

"The finest Captain I ever crossed swords and set sail with"
kevinsue is offline   Reply With Quote