Quote:
Originally Posted by reallydedpoet
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapser
Quote:
Originally Posted by reallydedpoet
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrapser
I would still like to know what the following is about....

"The FAQ mentions restoring "ship sillouttes" by deleting a whole mess of DDS files. What exactly are these?"

Plus, from reading this thread, I take it I do not need:

Historical 4 Blade prop fix
Environmental 4.0 (or the W_Clear version)

as they are already included in TMO. Is this correct?

Thanks
Instead of the blobs ( dots ) you get what the contacts look like in stock if you delete. Yes to the Historical Blades and the Enviromental Mod, both included.

RDP
Thanks for the info. I forget to ask about the warning that goes with deleting those files. It says some are not stock, so if you delete them they won't appear at all. This throws me. Does it mean there won't be a contact image on the map or the ships disappear from the sim entirely?

Sorry to seem dense, but I'm not as fluent with the mods as many here are. If someone could explain this I would appreciate it. I guess I need to get into a few encounters too to help understand the changes.
You have a question, I'll do my best ( or other's will ) to answer it, nothing to feel bad about.

Ducimus mentioned awhile back that some of the files he added are not stock so your right, in some cases they won't show up. I have what you are asking for my set-up and have not found to many instances where a ship does not have a corresponding shape, so I can live with this.

Try it out and see what you think, you could always back up what you are deleting so if you don't like it you can go back to your current set-up. Sound like a plan?

By the way there is also a mod at UBI that you may want to check out:
http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...5/m/4281098036
I am not poking fun by the way ( see name of the above mod ), rather it has some of the stuff you are looking for, plus a few other things.

Let me know how you make out

RDP
Thanks RDP...will do. I like having the ship tails and icons on the map. I do back up anything I mess with so I can roll back if necessary. Thanks for the link, too. I actually considered that mod version but decided against it. I played SH3 with lots of mods and feel confident I know how to handle the boat. I guess the best thing at this point is to get my feet wet and see how things work, make decisions from there. I will let you know how it goes.
i7 920 CPU
TR 120 Extreme HS (lapped)
6 GB OCZ Platinum 1600 (8x175 = 1400)
BFG GTX 295
Silverstone DA1000W PSU
Sony GDM-FW900 24" Wide Screen CRT
WinXP Pro 32-bit
scrapser is offline   Reply With Quote