View Single Post
Old 04-08-24, 01:55 PM   #2873
iambecomelife
Silent Hunter

Downloads: 297
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitain Oliver Leinkraunt View Post
I don't know if you still want to add this thing, but knowing that you wanted to add names to the merchant ships, it would be an intresting small detail adding in this chart the ship's home port and/or the Shipping Line.
If you want, it's not a problem to me searching the main home ports and lines (I can find them on my copy of "1912, Lloyds' book of house flags and funnels" or send directly the pdf to you)
I actually have a slightly different job for you if you're interested, I will PM you. Thanks!

Also, any watchers who have decent writing/storytelling abilities, feel free to PM me too.

By way of weekly update: Started work on the final version of several merchantmen.

Detailed 3d damage for cargo ships is being implemented.

Spent time adjusting average tonnage for merchantmen ... in WWI, ships were more numerous but lighter tonnage than WWII. In fact, freighters of 5000 - 8000 GRT were not too common - so you will need to make tonnage by sinking larger numbers of smaller ships, on average. There will, however, be many types of liners from 10,000 tons to 30,000 ton giants like RMS Lusitania, Mauretania, Justicia, and so on...
iambecomelife is offline   Reply With Quote