View Single Post
Old 10-06-21, 10:11 PM   #3867
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 441
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by caps View Post
thanks for your replay, really appreciated that.sorry for not post in details.

1.i played the original game v1.5 on steam with keys for operations default. i played submarine school -> artillery training EZ 1943 porpoise class. In this senario i could pan the deck gun left/right even without fisrt mange my crew on the deck gun. and the gun is reloaded.
2.when i install this mod, i deleted the save folder first in my computer "C:\Users\18981\Documents\SH4". And my steamlibarary locates in "F"".
But i didn't uninstall, completely delete my sh4, and reinstall before i activate the mod with JSGME. after i activate the mod, i activate the LAA on the SH4.exe.
Then i played the game and saw the mod worked because the interface has changed. i went to the same senario- artillery training ez 1943 porpoise class. and in this senario i myself couldn't pan the deck gun left/right. then
i mange the crew on the deck gun. they also can't pan the deck gun. But the can fire it on my command.
OK, first things first - I should have asked you how you are attempting to turn the gun? Using the F10 key to go to the gun position, and then using the mouse by a left-click and then bring your view to bear by dragging the mouse. It is slow though, remember that... Use the Tab key to zoom to the sight, use the up/down arrow keys for range aiming, then click Tab again for another zoom-in. The gun almost has to be crewed for any semblance of proper operation, even if you use it yourself. The two CPOs on the Damage Crew are the highest rated gunners, and then there are a few others in the 30s that are OK (don't forget to move them back to the Damage Crew to affect repairs). Once the crew are on the gun positions, you either have to click the Man the AA Guns menu button, and/or the Man the Deck Gun button, and then tell them to aim how you want them to, whether Free Will, Hull Line, Bridge, or whatever. It is usually easier to set them to Battle Stations with the B key, and then tell them how to aim. In that particular SS scenario, you have to hit Flank Speed as soon as you spawn into the mission, because you are literally a sitting duck. The NavMap shows a course laid in, but you do have to tell the boat to Return To Course with any one of a number of ways, or lay a new route in yourself, preferably with some turns so that the planes can't take too accurate of a bead on you. Then the F7 Crew page and get the AA guns manned and shooting, then the Deck Gun, and keep moving.

My deck gun crew didn't do so well, so I jumped into the position, and started shooting at the merchant ship, sinking it in maybe a dozen shots. In the meantime, the AA gunners were doing their best, shooting down two Mavis, but we also had several near-misses and took a good bit of damage, so we Crash Dived to get under and out of the planes' sight for a few while we attempted to tend to the wounded and patch the boat up. While diving, I noticed the 52% Hull Damage, so I caught the dive above 100 foot, and we settled on that depth, afraid we'd crush below that. After repairs, we then resurfaced a while later, and wouldn't you know it, there were still planes buzzing around, so the guys shot another one down, and that completed the mission and ended the scenario. Under consideration now, is a reduction in the number of planes... I mean, there are at least four Mavis and a similar number of Zeroes... That is a situation where a skipper would pull the plug, and deal with the ship with some torpedoes, not the deck gun... but then, it is practice, and it is a game... lol

Sighting the ship:

The two shot-down Mavis crew survivors (2 more planes in the background):

The damage incurred:

Injuries suffered (notice I have moved the gun crews back to the Damage Team):

The third plane shot down after re-surfacing:

Closing crew view:

Notice, I moved the torpedo room wounded into the Watch Crew Quarters, and moved the watch crews into the torpedo room, for the just-in-case. As it turns out, as often happens when taking tube damage, is that none of the four forward tubes were usable after repairs were completed, but they did quit leaking sea water into the boat...

Again, look at the "SH4_Q-Ref_Card_Front.jpg" and "SH4_Q-Ref_Card_Back.jpg" image files, and familiarize yourself with the boat controls. They are different from the Stock game, resembling SH3 more than SH4 assignments. If your guns still will not do the left-right, let us know, and we'll try to help some more.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna

Last edited by propbeanie; 10-07-21 at 06:12 AM. Reason: I don't know who typed this, but typo city!
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote