View Single Post
Old 11-12-21, 09:25 AM   #9
Sjöbjörn
Nub

Downloads: 1
Uploads: 0

Hi guys,

Sorry to bring up an old post. But I'm getting crazy about this bug.

I have installed everything in this order (please see list below) and everything seem to work completely fine until the last step. After installing ARB WideGui I get this error with the watchman. When I click on him the camera rotates crazily.
If I try to replace cameras.dat with the backup before installing ARB WideGui I solve the Watchman problem, but instead I have the crosshairs of the periscopes being completely off. Similar to the guy in this thread.

So I can isolate the error to the cameras.dat at this point. I downloaded also Silent 3ditor (v0.9.9) to try to compare the two cameras.dat.

I can note that both "Dummy_Cam_ConningDeck" and "Dummy_Cam_WatchView" differ between the files.
I tried to set the parameters to be as the version where the watch officer works fine. But nothing happens.

Does anyone please have any idea on how to solve this? Please note that I reached this far without any programming skills or game designing skills. I don't fully understand how the .dat file works with all the nodes etc. I tried to import/export chunk but it didn't help either.

This is the installations I'm running:

1. SH3 v1.4 (Steam), tested and works fine
2. GWX, tested and works fine
3. 16km atmosphere, tested and works fine
4. V16B1, tested and works fine
5. Supplement to V16B1 (JSGME), tested and works fine
6. ARB WideGui, this is where the watch officer bug appears

Planning to also install these once the above is solved.
7. SH3 Commander and GWX3.0 Config files

THEN: Play and enjoy and never ever touch the mods again.

EDIT:
Another interesting finding is that I tried to apply the GWX - Open Hatch mod. When doing so the watch officer bug is fixed, but instead the camera angles and zoom is not the greatest. E.g. in sonar room I get way too close to the sonar guy.

EDIT2:
The open hatch mod also screws up the crosshairs as described above. So back to square one.

EDIT3:
I changed back to cameras.dat from the ARB WideGui mod. I realised that maybe I could survive with a workaround. The deck view works fine as long as I don't click on the watch officer in that interface. Instead I can give him orders through the lower left icons system. That way my deck view doesn't get screwed up. But is it possible to make the watch officer "unclickable" in any file?

Just to clarify, when I have once made the mistake to click on the watch officer, my deck view is completely messed up throughout that whole mission. It is not restored until I load into a new game/mission from the main menu.

Last edited by Sjöbjörn; 11-12-21 at 09:49 AM.
Sjöbjörn is offline   Reply With Quote