View Single Post
Old 07-19-21, 11:54 AM   #13
Randomizer
Watch Officer

Downloads: 131
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webster View Post
lol, yes i wanted to, when time allowed, but im shocked at how few still post and come here.

not sure if i still want to invest 100hrs into redoing the mod when there doesnt seem there is any real interest in modding the game any more

there used to be 50 new posts every day, now its like 2 or 3
Of course only you can assess the value of your time and effort but suffice to say that the forums of many, newer games are as isolated cemeteries compared to the activity around here.

I am not familiar with your GFO mod, finding the stock SH4 neither particularly compelling or challenging and with mods that added content, like TMO/RSRD and FOTRS, a mod that only fixed issues in stock seemed surplus to requirements. That said, I know how much work is involved in modding a game and while it is unlikely that your goal was to seek praise, acknowledgement for all of your work would certainly be fair. But that's not the way that any games' community seems to work. It sucks but should be no surprize to anyone.

Having written scenarios for Harpoon, CMANO and CMO I know a little something of the effort involved in researching, editing, testing game content. At least two of my CMO scenarios got the YouTube treatment with zero attribution for their author. I released an extensive mod for the game World War One Gold, which served a similar function to your GFO for SH4 and after almost 300-downloads I got exactly one thanks and no feedback whatsoever. People do not value that which they receive for free. It makes little sense but you see it all the time in the Flight Simulator community for example.

Your peers know your value to the community as some have written in the above posts. A quick look at my SH4 collection shows that I even have some minor Webster mods and I know that, like the vast majority of the Great Unwashed, I never acknowledged or thanked you for. So to correct that now, Thank You and Well Done.

So listen to your peers if you like, they have the measure of your contributions and further potential far better than I.

Cheers and good luck whatever you decide.

-C
Randomizer is offline   Reply With Quote