Old 11-17-21, 08:14 AM   #706
Anvart
Admiral

Downloads: 122
Uploads: 1
wolf_howl15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anvar1061 View Post
Kal_Maximus_U669,obviously I have a really "heavy hand".
Too long loading times are bad.
Extended ports are bad.
The complete interior is bad.
Pennants are bad.
AI_Crew is bad.

Anvart is right! I shouldn't be so greedy.

Or U-boats or whatever! Have you tried them with others SuperMods?

The devil is in the details
Hi, my friend.

Yes, the desire to use all the best and attractive is unrealistic for SH3. Perfectionism is very bad for SH3.
You always need to find a compromise! Example: GWX - Original. By the way, I warned you.
You wrote Pennants are bad. AI_Crew is bad.... But why you don't write Flags on Ships (flag.dat, flagS.dat) are bad. 90 flags in the first file and 90 in the second file.?? Some flags are not needed in the game due to the insignificant historical role of countries in the war. In addition, it is need to determine the necessary minimum of triangles for ship's flags. For Human's submarine flags, a more detailed grid can be applied. Than the mod AI_Crew did not satisfy you?... the mod uses the models, textures and animations of the original game. In my test scene there were at least six AI submarines and one Human sub standing close to each other... and three aircrafts attacking submarines. The whole scene go smoothly without any delays. Extended ports are bad. The complete interior is bad. Yes, this is bad for computers... but only when the program renders these scenes... are this all necessary in the game? I'm not sure. Especially since extended interior is filled with junk.
But all of the above is blah-blah. Most importantly, SH3 (32 bit) can only use less than 4 GB of RAM. At the same time, it immediately loads almost the entire database used in the game. The total amount of memory also affects () on the usage of the memory (4 GB). I have 16 GB, Win10 64 bit. And I believe that by modern standards, I have a weak (but not very weak) computer.
Given all of the above, it is necessary very rigidly to limit employment of the different effects, for example, particle generators in exteriors / interiors - mods: 3d clouds, various smokes, flames and the like... do not get carried away by the number of units: ships, submarines, aircraft, various buildings and structures, do not get carried away by the number of animated people and so on. There's a lot more to say. And so on and so forth.
The main thing is to maintain the necessary balance between desires and opportunities.

Good luck

P.S.
And you are right: "The devil is in the details"

Moses said: "Don't create yourself an idol"...

Last edited by Anvart; 11-17-21 at 08:36 AM.
Anvart is offline   Reply With Quote