View Single Post
Old 07-28-09, 01:09 AM   #24
green_abobo
Sparky

Downloads: 50
Uploads: 0

when you are firing blind,are you talking about: uboats, or fleet boats, or both?

i'm guessing you mean fleet boats when they are submerged,and you arent using the periscope maybe?

i am however,still tryin to figure this out.........

w/ uboats, wherever the gyroangle number (underneath the notepad) is where the shot will go?

should i not even touch the notepad? i too am trying for 90 degree shots,and i still miss most of the time,even though i'm within 1000 meters to target's location. thank goodness i'm decent with the deckgun.

here's what i've been doing so you can pin-point my error for me...

basically, all i'm using the notepad for is to get a range,but NOT clicking the check-mark.

could i just measure the distance via the nav map,and just manually enter the data on the attack map range dial? do i have to "lead" the target if it is an exceptional distance away?

i'm getting target's speed by using the map tools, and timing (w/stopwatch) how long they travel in 3:15 seconds,then measuring the distance,and dividing it by 10 get speed in knots.

then i'm manually entering the speed,range,and bearing/a.o.b. data into the attack map manual controls. adjusting torpedo settings according to the target. is that how it's done? am i close?

torpedo speed...if they are electric,and therefore slow, do i need to "lead" the target to compensate for it?

i know you tried to put it into steps for me. i'm hoping you can help me out a bit more.

are you saying if the gyroangle is 0 you dont have to worry about the stadiometer or the target's range?

what about the recognition manual? is this useless too?

what torps do you prefer to use? i think i like the t 1's the best. set them for fast or medium.

out of curiosity...what exactly is this GWX4 in your sig? its a new one for me....im guessing it's bad?

i think that covers everything i wanted to ask... (at least all i can think of for now)

thanks again. 'preciate it

Last edited by green_abobo; 07-28-09 at 01:34 AM.
green_abobo is offline   Reply With Quote