View Single Post
Old 01-30-22, 09:06 AM   #453
fitzcarraldo
Argentinian Skipper

Downloads: 3219
Uploads: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubblehead1980 View Post
I could do that after next patrol (currently on patrol), but are pretty easy to locate in the campaign. Fall 1943, per history, is when Japanese get their act together to some degree with convoys. The HI (Singapore-Imari, Imari-Singapore) convoys start up on regular basis. Convoy activity increases as time goes on.

June 1944-December 1944...Singapore-Japan routes,South China Sea and especially Luzon Straits is ideal place to find the large convoys can get inside the columns and take full advantage of night surface attack. In reality, this is when the tactic really came into its own. In the forthcoming update, will have AI wolfpack mates that will attack as well. Many convoys are "historic" convoys, which spawn just once...they arrive at historic date and times...for example Parche's legendary "Ramages Rampage" on 31 July 1944, can find that convoy, and many more. There are random convoys that spawn on a cycle as well in this time period. Traffic will slow down in October as the Singapore-Japan traffic shifts to the Indochina/China coast, but the TAMA and MATA( Tako-Manila, and Manila-Takao, Formosa) convoys continue running (as they did per history) until December 1944.
Many thanks. I´ll start a campaign in 43. Now I´m in 1942 in my current campaign.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo

My subject is War, and the pity of War. The Poetry is in the pity - Wilfred Owen.
fitzcarraldo is offline   Reply With Quote