Old 06-22-21, 06:31 PM   #3490
Mad Mardigan
Admiral

Downloads: 491
Uploads: 0

SHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by AviatorMan View Post
I have a new question... I just got a mission to patrol Lamon bay for 10 days, but the circle around the target area is absolutely tiny at ~25NM. Now its been a while since I've played, but iirc you have to finish at least one assignment to avoid a failed mission result, so I'm wondering if I've got to stay within that little circle for 10 days, or if the actual area is larger? This is especially true for this bay since most of it is too shallow to dive, which would force me into hiding in the few areas that are deeper than 50ft...
Thanks
If that's where think it is... there should be some fairly deep channels running through there... with a lake sized area in the area as well.
I got a patrol in that area, on 1 career I was doing in v1.39, after I finished off patrolling Apari for 10 days... there should be enough area there, to safely patrol, again... iirc the area in question.

Best advice, stay inside the green circle area.. for best results. you can... exit out of there, but, it stops the clock on keeping up with the 10 day count, but as soon as you go back in, it does pick up with continuing to count down the 10 day clock... so no need to worry that exiting out will restart that 10 day clock. (which, it may kick out a completed mission objective before the 10 days is up... not sure if that will do so all the time or I just got lucky to complete after 5-6 days... )

Quote:
EDIT: IIRC in previous iterations of my playthroughs, you had to be within 100NM for it to count, so I'm just not sure if the circle is the actual zone required for completion or just a visual indicator of the place you're supposed to patrol near.
Unless I am mistaken, those area, that do not have a green circle around the area to patrol or what ever, some will require you to stay within (I believe at any rate, propbeanie, s7rikeback or even KaleunMarco can confirm...) holds true... though some other mission objectives with no green circle... will tell you that you have unrestricted control on how far about you roam to complete those objectives.

Quote:
EDIT2: I've noticed that I keep getting messages to use one engine only to conserve fuel. Is this a feature that's been added by the mod, or maybe something that's always been there that I've never known about, or is it really just some flavor text? Thanks again.
This, is a case of colorful chatter for immersion factor. As is, is NO way to run on 1 engine only... much less use engines separate like.. to run 1 ahead & the other to run in reverse mode... sad, but true.... shame on Ubi for NOT including separate engine controls...

Any way, hope this helps...

M. M.