View Single Post
Old 11-10-20, 12:08 PM   #2173
propbeanie
CTD - it's not just a job

Downloads: 439
Uploads: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WH4K View Post
Well if the ST periscope radar works at all that would be an improvement. Couple versions of FotRSUE ago, selecting it left me with no air search radar at all.
It does, though like I mentioned, it is boat dependent, in that if everything else is OK, then the ST will be OK... It should work without fail next version on all boats that "qualify" for it. It is not on all boats, and I do not remember where the cut-off is, whether its on the Porpoise or not, but I am almost positive it is not on the Narwhal or S-Boat classes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Ken View Post
OK, first off, I have really enjoyed playing the various Fall of the Rising Sun game mods. I admit that I am not very tech savy, and am having trouble with this V1.24 upgrade and the V1.26 patch.

I keep reading instructions for me to download "100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateUpgrade_v1.2_EN.7z ", move it here, etc.

In spite of trying to search the site, have not been able to locate this download file. I can only find the "100_FalloftheRisingSun_UltimateEdition_v1.24_EN.7 z" file. What am I missing?
The "patch" works with any version (supposedly) of FotRSU from v1.2 through v1.24, so the v1.24 is fine. Patch that with the v1.26p, empty the Save folder, and go hunting. It is recommended to not use the Narwhal though, because something got broken on it when altering the fleet boats. They all share a certain file apparently, that is not set-up for the current Narwhal configuration. We are working on that, and currently delayed in other aspects of the next release. If you really want to use the Narwhal, do not apply the patch...

Quote:
Originally Posted by les green01 View Post
hadn't got it downloaded yet and don't go to any extra trouble on my account if that time can be use to work on the mod i play a mod years ago don't remember which one it was now getting old sucks where when you upgraded equipment it sideline you for how many days it took to place it on the boat i like that
We'll go ahead and figure on making a split zip file version, because there was another user previously that used the split zip, since he has a limited connection to the internet, and is only allowed a certain amount of data each day. Just remember that you do need a 64-bit OS and 4 gig of RAM at a minimum. If you have a 32-bit OS, let us know, and we can direct you on how to set-up Windows a bit differently to access more than 2gig, in spite of the OS limitation.

"...and bollocks to the naysayer/s" - Jimbuna
propbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote