View Single Post
Old 02-06-13, 10:44 PM   #5
Oberon
Lucky Jack

Downloads: 61
Uploads: 20

Agreed, this is a nice game. I've done a run from Felixstowe to Birmingham (via Harwich - don't ask) and Birmingham to Swansea. So far had one speeding ticket, one red light and one prang into the back of a truck. Very nearly had a head on with an overtaking van (not white though...that's something that should be addressed in the next patch) but managed to swerve into the verge and dodge it.
The graphics are delightful, particularly the transition from day to night, and the rain is excellent, while Train Sim 2013 does the raindrops on the screen better, ETS2 does the clouds and atmosphere much better, it actually feels like a proper storm.
The trucks themselves handle fairly docile, but I've never driven one so I can't say for certain that's how they feel. Sluggish to accelerate under load so can't fault that there. The engine noise in the cab is very quiet though, but again that could be a realistic thing on modern trucks. Last time I was on a truck was a very brief stint back in 2003 when I hitched a lift across town on a Co-Op truck (I was working at the local Co-Op at that point, the driver must have recognised my uniform and kindly offered me a lift) and I don't remember the engine noise being that quiet.
I can see myself enjoying this demo more tomorrow. Want to get some practice on the UK roads where I (mostly) know the rules before I unleash myself on the poor Europeans.
Oberon is offline   Reply With Quote