View Single Post
Old 03-06-23, 01:16 PM   #5
jcmemphis
Watch

Downloads: 26
Uploads: 0

That's a lot of great information, propbeanie, and I really appreciate your expertise. I am still chugging along with my potentially corrupted SH4 GFO mod. I occasionally still bump into the phantom convoy , but am able to navigate around it.

I am looking for FOTRSU to be my final and only version to play with. So I think once I wipe the GFO version and install the Ubi version then mod FOTRSU that I will be ok. When I uninstall using the steam utility that will supposedly wipe any footprints from the registry.

I will repost here with my updates so that others can learn from my pain.

Thank you so much for your patient guidance.

As a Post Script, I will say that no matter what happens, I am still glad that I bought the Steam version, despite all the drawbacks. I say this because over time, I will no doubt drift away from SH, then at some point get a new PC and potentially lose all my SH stuff. Alternatively, god forbid, Subsim may someday end up moth balled at the bottom of the sea. Having the steam version will insure that I will at least be able to get a stock copy of these legendary games forever. I have also kept all of the great mods, like TWOS for SH5 and GFO and FOTRSU for SH4 in special directories in the cloud in an effort to future proof myself for endless enjoyment that I will take with me to Davey Jones' locker.....
jcmemphis is offline   Reply With Quote