View Single Post
Old 08-10-20, 11:08 AM   #5
Gudadantza
Swabbie

Downloads: 54
Uploads: 0

My experience with SH2 from GOG, recently purchased is that the game runs flawlessly I a detail is done.

Once installed it ends trying to install a quicktime version for the ingame videos. I had a newer version already installed so it said the installation could not finish. I ran the game and it worked fine with 800x600 32 bits. But the intro or the museum videos did not work.

So I uninstalled the quicktime from my rig and let gog to revise my files and it installed the quicktime version. But it was the same version I had previously installed. I tried the game again and it worked but not the videos or the interviews again.

I tried a lot of compatibility settings but nothing worked until I messed with the admin rights from the exe. I noticed that if I did run the topp videos director app outside the game the videos worked fine.

GOG use to have their old games with the "run as administrator" enabled by default for all users. Once I disabled the admin rights for all users in all the exes, the game and videos worked fine and stable ingame. No need of any compat settings for xp or 98 etc. But I think it doesnt matter. it does not harm.

Windows 10 64 bits here.

I hope it is useful for anything. Greetings.
Gudadantza is offline   Reply With Quote